“After years as an avid swimmer and exercise enthusiast, I suffered from chronic low back pain and eventually underwent spine surgery. My recovery required perseverance, a great team of doctors and therapists, and a mindset that never allowed small setbacks to take away from long term goals. As a former patient and now a physician, I am privileged to guide you towards wellness and functional recovery.”
Dr. Ami Mac is a specialist in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at the Insight Pain Management Center in Flint, Michigan. Her unique focus on musculoskeletal ultrasonography, pain medicine, and musculoskeletal medicine allows her to provide non-operative and interventional treatment options for her patients.
Dr. Mac received her medical degree from Wayne State University School of Medicine. She completed residency training at the WSU Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan where she continues on staff as academic faculty. In addition, she is actively involved in clinical education and volunteer work. Recent endeavors include:
- Developing an educational fair as the Resident Advisor to the WSU/RIM PM&R Medical Student Interest Group that involved five medical schools and over 100 students, the first of its kind
- Presenting a resident lecture series on a variety of topics including The Pathophysiology of Pain, Interventional Pain Techniques, The Cervical Spine Exam, The Shoulder Exam, and The Knee Exam
- Serving as a hands-on instructor at the Advanced Invasive Pain Management Workshop during the 2013 conference for Advanced Techniques for Acute and Chronic Pain Management
- Organizing and attending Ultrasound-Guided Peripheral Injection Techniques instructed by Jonathan Kirschner MD, Assistant Professor and Associate Program Director, Interventional Spine and Sports Medicine, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Serving as volunteer physician at the annual Philippine-American Community Centery of Michigan (PACCM) health fair
She is an active member in American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and the Association of Academic Physiatrists where she has been appointed to the Leadership Council. Dr. Mac has also recently been awarded the 2014 Leadership Award by the Detroit Medical Center and Wayne State University.